Senior Lead Acoustic Engineer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Stantec's Canada Central Environmental Services Practice is looking for a Senior Lead Acoustic Engineer to further expand our successful and growing Acoustic, Noise and Vibration team in our DowntownToronto, ON office. Our Acoustical engineers provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including industry, government, architecture, transportation, and buildings. Our Acoustics team offers a full suite of services for both environmental and indoor buildings acoustics, including permitting, monitoring, modeling, planning, policy studies, design, and control.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Acting technical lead for the Toronto office
- Managing projects; including budget control, client and contractor interface, final reporting etc.
- Conducting technical analysis, modeling, and measurement
- Providing direction, mentorship, and support to staff in areas of your expertise
- Consulting experience of minimum 10 years, with 20 years or more preferred Experience in environmental noise, transportation noise, building acoustics, monitoring/measurement and vibration
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario or equivalent (CET).
- Bachelor's in engineering, physics or relevant science required, with a course in acoustics/noise/vibration. -
- Masters or Ph.D. in engineering, physics or relevant science would be an asset. Expert in acoustical theory, field measurement and monitoring of sound and vibration.
- Familiarity with a variety of sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling. software (e.g., CADNA/A, TNM, STAMSON, ODEON/EASE, etc.). Strong understanding of Provincial (Ontario) and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Experience with regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions would be an asset.
- Strength in building and environmental acoustics relating to mitigation selection and design.
- Experience in dealing with industrial, transportation, and environmental noise and vibration.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience with managing medium to large projects in a consulting environment.
- Proven experience in successfully dealing with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
- Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in providing supervision and mentorship to junior staff.
- A valid drivers' license is required.
Experience in environmental noise, transportation noise, building acoustics, monitoring/measurement and vibration
Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario or equivalent (CET).
Bachelor's in engineering, physics or relevant science required, with a course in acoustics/noise/vibration.
Masters or Ph.D. in engineering, physics or relevant science would be an asset.
Expert in acoustical theory, field measurement and monitoring of sound and vibration.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top