Senior Landscape Architect/Urban Designer
Your Opportunity: Now is a great time to join a practice of more than 200 Stantec Landscape Architects and Urban Designers across North America. Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Kansas City, KS has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Landscape Architect/Urban Designer to join our growing team!
We truly design with community in mind, providing sustainable planning, landscape architecture, and urban design services for neighborhoods, communities, and regions. Our Community Development practice is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality environments that are functional, innovative, and inviting. This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference!
Our team members have opportunities to provide holistic approaches through services such as sustainable community development, urban and streetscape design, parks, open spaces, greenways, environmental rehabilitation and restoration, cycling, pedestrian and trail systems, sports facility design, and site and detailed design for a variety of public and private sector clients. At Stantec, we believe that a multi-disciplinary approach provides solutions that are more innovative, one of a kind, and provides a network of support and professional development opportunities for our people. We provide project and career opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties: We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice, project management and business development who can offer creative design practice skills balanced with a solid business approach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships and play a key role in client management and satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for growth and strengthen the existing client base and service offerings within our Community Development and related practices.
- Mentor and empower other team members.
- Manage and execute complex landscape architecture/urban design projects as a part of an interdisciplinary teams.
- Serve as a technical design expert for projects and supervise and manage work with our staff to develop and execute design.
- Plan and manage projects and tasks in order to complete assignments on time and within budget.
- Play a key role in maintaining and strengthening the design reputation of the Community Development practice in the Kansas City market.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited landscape architecture program.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the profession of Landscape Architecture/Urban Design.
- Registered Landscape Architect in KS (MO, NE and IA registration is an asset).
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects and an established network of professional relationships and associations in the Kansas City, KS market.
- Experience managing staff, client interface and complex projects.
- Experience with business and client development.
- Sound knowledge of industry practice and demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills, including computer literacy in word processing and other standard office software, a depth of knowledge in the Adobe creative suite and general knowledge of AutoCAD systems is an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top