Senior Landscape Architect/Project Manager
Through design, we empower communities and help realize their potential. Our landscape architects create inspired spaces that reflect context and user needs along with our commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative approach to design and believe that the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
You are a senior contributor on our professional consulting services team and work independently to manage large projects of high complexity, and as a leader of a team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle. You will be planning and designing urban space, commercial, residential, roadway or green space projects. You will build new and foster existing relationships with clients and contractors as well as guide clients and teams through all phases or design and facilitate a smooth transition to an installed project.
You apply creative and detailed design principals, perfecting a landscape plan that fully accommodates a client's desires and aesthetic tastes. You will work closely with clients, designers and construction staff, peer professionals, vendors and municipal agents to oversee the arc of a project to successful completion.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Manages and leads other team members while working on projects.
- May perform or assist Project Managers with invoicing, managing and monitoring financial performance of project budgets using PM dashboard access.
- Responsible for preparing plans and reports, writing proposals, budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Responsible for completing tasks and delegating specific project tasks to other team members as appropriate.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on projects between other project participants, including planners, architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
- Authority to sign and seal on design/plans and project forms for agencies and RFIs.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and various design methods.
- Possesses excellent time management skills and has a thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
- Effective communicator and able to lead teams.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in relevant drafting/design software such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Landscape Architecture or related field & Licensed by state/province in Landscape Architecture or equivalent Licensure.
Minimum of 7-8 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Landscape Architect
Primary Location: United States-Texas-San Antonio
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000N4
Back to top