Senior Internal Controls Analyst
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
As an experienced Senior Internal Controls Analyst you will analyze and support the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (SOX) compliance efforts. The position location is Broomfield, CO and will require travel up to 20% of the time.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform the risk assessment rationalization and scoping process.
- Assess the control environment and determine whether existing controls are sufficient and appropriate or if additional controls are needed.
- Collaborate proactively with management in the design and modification of controls to mitigate financial reporting risks.
- Independently work with business process owners to standardize the global internal controls framework and update key controls, process narratives and risk control matrices.
- Liaison with the external auditors during their SOX procedures. Update and maintain controls database and assessment workflow.
- Manage the quarterly and annual assessment processes and reporting.
- Lead the remediation effort for control failures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS or US GAAP
- Knowledge and understanding of audit standards and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work well both as a team member and independently
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Minimum 5 years' work experience; prefer 3 years' experience with SOX requirements and the COSO framework
CPA or other designation is required
Valid passport is required for international travel
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Broomfield
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000E7
Back to top