Senior Internal Controls Analyst
• Perform the risk assessment rationalization and scoping process.
• Document financial processes including narratives and risk control matrices.
• Independently work with business process owners to standardize the global internal controls framework and update key controls, process narratives and risk control matrices.
• Assist with documentation for IT general controls.
• Assess the control environment and determine whether existing controls are sufficient and appropriate or if additional controls are needed.
• Develop key controls test plans and work closely with internal auditor during testing phase.
• Work with the external auditors with their SOX procedures.
• Collaborate proactively with management in the design and modification of controls to mitigate financial reporting risks.
• Update and maintain controls database and assessment workflow.
• Manage the quarterly and annual assessment processes and reporting.
• Lead the remediation effort for control failures.
• Work closely with consultants and other departments in order to meet fiscal year-end deadlines.
• 2 + years of experience with SOX requirements and the COSO 2013 framework
• Strong financial and accounting knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of IFRS or US GAAP
• Knowledge and understanding of audit standards and practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to work well both as a team member and independently
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top