Senior Instruments & Controls Engineer
MWH is currently seeking a Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in our Pasadena, CA office location.
Successful applicant will work with a multidiscipline group of engineers and designers providing technical services to public and private sector clients. Primary duties include control systems engineering, control strategy planning, automation designs, construction services, planning studies, and detailed analyses and designs related to water and wastewater treatment plants and pumping stations. Experience with equipment selections, equipment and communication network layouts, design coordination with other engineering disciplines and PLC, HMI and SCADA system planning, design, programming and upgrade is a must. Depending on job size and complexity, duties may be performed as project I&C lead or as a project team member under the guidance of a principle level I&C engineer.
Successful applicant will be expected to be proficient in:
• Design Activities including:
o Field review and evaluation of existing equipment, control systems (hardware and software) and control panels.
o Preparing conceptual reports and technical memorandums
o I&C engineering and analyses related to various water, wastewater and industrial waste treatment facilities.
o Supporting multi-disciplinary teams on engineering design projects and studies
o Developing construction documents (drawings, specifications and schedules). Drawings for construction include:
• Database driven Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's)
• Detailed network communication architecture diagrams
• Control panel details
• CCTV and Access Control System drawings
• Point-to-Point Wiring Diagrams
• Instrument installation details.
o Reviewing electrical schematic diagrams and plans; reviewing mechanical specifications with controls content; and coordinating I&C requirements with the electrical and mechanical disciplines.
• Procurement support activities:
o Preparation and/or review of instrument datasheets
o Review of contractor and equipment supplier submittals.
o Reviewing Contractor's shop drawings and submittals related to electrical and I&C work and investigating and developing engineered solutions to Contractor's Requests for Information
• Providing engineering services during construction which may include any one or more of the following:
o Equipment supplier shop inspections and factory tests.
o Active construction site inspections
o Support of equipment and control system commissioning, start-up and performance testing
o Generation of field test reports, progress reports, daily inspection reports, etc.
• Working in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering is required, MS preferred, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in instrumentation and controls.
• PE license in Controls Systems or Electrical Engineering in the State of California OR the ability to obtain reciprocity OR the ability to obtain within 18 months of hire date is required.
• Possess solid interpersonal skills for working in a team environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to convey project I&C needs to the project managers and clients and to formulate those needs into comprehensive plans and specifications.
• Ability to mentor junior staff and work with disparately located project team members
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Willing and able to travel. Occasional international travel may be required.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top