Senior Inspector - Aviation
- Houston, TX
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Aviation Group is seeking a Senior Inspector who will support the coordination and implementation of construction projects related to terminal construction at a major airport (IAH). Our Senior Inspector ensures projects adhere to all plans and regulations
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and reporting on daily construction activities.
- Manage the inspection of Contractor's work for conformance to contract documents.
- Read and interpret contract documents.
- Responsible for maintaining as constructed drawings.
- Coordinate on-site material testing.
- Daily coordination with engineering, client, maintenance, and operations staff.
- As needed, review and make recommendation on pay requisitions.
- Must effectively communicate work schedule, activities, and work areas to coordinate appropriate closures of work areas.
- Monitor and analyze contractors' work for compliance to schedule, budget, technical specifications and legal requirements.
- Mentor and train junior staff/ inspectors.
- Understand contract plans, specifications and budget and make recommendations for construction issues, and ensure it is completed in accordance with contract documents.
- As needed, resolve design and field construction problems.
- As needed, facilitate/lead progress meetings and report on project status.
- Expedite design and field changes to drawings and specifications.
- As needed, review contractor requests for change and when appropriate, assist in the preparation of contract change orders/modifications.
- Work with safety lead and communicate and implement safety rules, policies and procedures in support of the safety vision and goals to contractors and subordinate personnel.
- Examines field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of construction, and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated written/verbal and communication skills.
- Understanding of standard construction requirements.
- Ability to solve field problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Effective leadership skills, taking initiative on tasks and delegating tasks to other team members.
- Effectively communicates project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
- Must have general computer skills and familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- May sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment, doing extensive walking/standing. Specific projects may require work near heavy construction equipment, construction sites, and airport runways and taxiways.
- Work environment will require use of construction/inspection safety equipment and adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
- Current driver's license and ability to obtain airport security badge and pass required security background check
- If needed, ability and willingness to work off-shifts, particularly overnight and on weekends for airport construction is required
Education and Experience
- 20 years of validated inspection experience, or 10 years' experience degree in civil engineering or construction management or related field.
- Previous experience with any of airports construction, FAA, or DOT projects required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003ER
Back to top