Senior Hydraulics Engineer
- Regina, Canada
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Infrastructure practice has an immediate requirement for a Senior Hydraulics Engineer in our Saskatoon or Regina offices. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can work in a team environment and want to be involved in exciting local, regional, national and international projects. The successful candidate will work directly with senior project managers and design teams to delivery our current and future projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design of stormwater management systems, storm drain systems, open channel conveyance, culvert analysis, bridge hydraulics and floodplain compensation
- Preparation and compilation of permits and reports for approval by regulating agencies
- Participating in a variety of hydraulic/culvert projects from proposal stage, planning, design and construction
- Continually improves company tools and techniques
- Prepare engineering reports, documents and drawings
- Use project management expertise to monitor project budget, schedule, and deliverables
- Coordination with client project managers and design teams, including sub consultants for effective project delivery
- Working with other transportation staff and departments to complete projects
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and work plans for new assignments
- Assist with business development to expand client base within the office and market segment
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Process excellent time-management skills; thorough understanding of task assignment, scheduling, budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources
- Proficient in relevant modelling software such as CulvertMaster and HEC-RAS
- Experience with MS-Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, etc.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgement, creativity, and innovation
- Experience working with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways & Infrastructure would be considered an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong leadership and team building skills
Education and Experience
A minimum of 15 years' experience in engineering/project management and project implementation with experience in the design of hydraulic/culvert related projects. Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan (or eligible for licensing with APEGS).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Other Locations: Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000T0
Back to top