Senior HealthCare Estimator
- Sacramento, CA
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
As a Senior Health Care Estimator, you will be part of a Program Management Team. You are an experienced Health Care Estimator with the ability to deliver high-level detailed estimates at the initial project stage and efficiently function by reviewing design options, recommend best solutions based on cost, methods of construction, market trends. You will lead preconstruction projects into estimating and provide accurate and detailed cost estimates.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage the pricing and estimating aspects of various design-build and/or CMAR preconstruction projects.
- Responsible for bidding projects, methods, and processes for estimating and presenting pricing information to clients.
- Deliver high-level detailed estimates at the initial project stage and efficiently function by reviewing design options, recommend best solutions based on cost, methods of construction, market trends, etc.
- Qualified individuals will have estimating experience with Health Care projects. Scope of Position Lead preconstruction projects in Estimating.
- Provide accurate and detailed cost estimates.
- Act as the point of contact and responsible for the progression of Preconstruction pursuits.
- Coordinates and conducts crucial Preconstruction Meetings, working closely with the Project Manager, Project Directors Architects, and Engineers.
- Assist the Director of Preconstruction and/or Project Manager with the final bid closeout.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, construction, external& internal client relationships, strong subcontractor& vendor relationships/knowledge, computer skills, interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of estimating software (preference for Beck Destini, Accubid, Bluebeam, InSite, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand owner/engineer requirements with ability to work with conceptual information.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing preconstruction pursuits.
- Ability to train others and monitor their work for quality and completeness.
- Demonstrated success in managing support staff.
- Knowledge of industry-standard bid practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients, external clients, and subcontractors.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or accredited construction-related curriculum preferred plus a minimum of 5 years of estimating experience or 15 years of related experience in the construction industry.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Controls Professional
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001EM
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top