Senior Graphic Designer
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Seeking a creative Senior Graphic Designer to join our team!
The Senior Graphic Designer is an essential player on the marketing team. Fuel to an engine. Butter to bread. You get the picture. Connecting with peers in other areas of the business to see the big picture, and working closely with team members to reach project goals, this person is a go-to design expert who brings ideas to life through design.
Around here, a Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for providing creative services to help articulate, educate and build campaigns and proposals based on our brand. By artfully developing and executing design solutions from concept to completion, this person drives value to the marketing and communications team as well as the business as a whole through brand awareness.
Your Duties: Brand Application
The Senior Graphic Designer is an expert at visual storytelling and creating and executing design solutions from concept to completion, bringing our brand to life. They also:
- Lead brainstorming sessions and develop ideas for project themes
- Design proposals and business development materials for print and online
- Design for special events, thinking big picture about the visitor's experience
- Act as a key photography contact, providing on-site art direction
- Contribute to brand awareness campaigns and integrate them across multiple mediums
- Present and defend creative concepts, sharing the story behind their work
This is where a Senior Graphic Designer contributes to the design team helping to create a tight-knit design discipline at Stantec. This person:
- Is a true brand champion working to educate internal clients and mentor other graphic designers on design best practices
- Is on top of industry and competitor trends and new technologies
- Networks within and is a part of local and/or online design communities. Participates in professional development opportunities
Creativity is applied everywhere in this role-even in the organization and planning that comes with moving a project from brainstorming to finalization. While the Senior Graphic Designer may not take on all the work of a project manager, they will still be responsible for:
- Managing and completing all work on time, within brand guidelines, and error-free;
- Organizing tasks, prioritizes, and successfully juggling multiple projects in short timeframes with high-quality work
- Seeking input proactively and engaging others for contributions; conducting meetings to understand needs/scope of a project
- Moving projects through production, seeking out quotes for printing, recommending appropriate materials, and suggesting alternatives mediums
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Personal Skills and Leadership Competencies
A Senior Graphic Designer works to develop leadership skills and builds relationships with teammates on a foundation of trust and respect.
When it comes to leadership , this person is:
- A promoter of knowledge-sharing, a mentor, a strong communicator and a motivator who inspires their peers
- A team player that values group work and advocates for independent effort
- An expert in the print design/process and online mediums/channels
- A veteran in design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- A whiz with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The person in this role also requires:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- At least five to eight years' experience in a graphic design role in a medium- to large-sized organization or design agency
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top