Senior GIS Analyst
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Responsible for providing GIS services to external and/or internal clients in a shared services environment. Requires application of developed technical knowledge to determine client needs and proposes optimal GIS solutions to meet business needs. Requires application of well-developed technical knowledge in planning, conducting and coordinating difficult assignments. Considered proficient within a specific GIS discipline. The position requires the modification of established guidelines and initiation of new approaches. Makes independent decisions in planning, organizing and completing technical assignments. Work assignments are broad, varied and diverse in scope. Work demonstrates sound application of established practices, standards and guidelines. Advises on technical problems and supervision, and may plan, schedule and review work of GIS staff. May work independently within a business unit or center of excellence.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Creates aerial and mapping exhibits on assigned projects
- Utilizes GIS platform and software programs to complete assigned tasks
- Develops and creates GIS solutions to aide stakeholders, clients, and other users in understanding the relationships, patterns and trends of geospatial information
- Supervises, coordinates and/or reviews the work of other professionals who assist in specific assignments
- Communicates effectively with clients to resolve technical project issues, presents and explains reports, and provides service to meet client's goals
- Plans, coordinates and directs one or more small projects or a large complex project
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff in developing GIS technical skills, including creating basic aerials and mapping exhibits
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Advanced skills in time management, organization, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of ESRI software suite
- Experience working with local government
- Experience working with GIS applications for water, wastewater, stormwater and/or electric utilities is highly desirable.
- Experience with Cityworks, Lucity, or other CMMS applications preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in GIS, Geology, Geography, Geomatics Engineering or a related field. Licensed Professional Engineer. Experience in database design and development with knowledge of SQL/SQL databases and Python preferred. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will work in both a field and office setting.
Incumbents are expected to travel 15-25% of the time; trips may include one or multiple overnight stays.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Naples
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-Florida-Sarasota
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000WW
Back to top