Senior Geotechnical/Materials Engineer (Team Leader) - GTA East
Your Opportunity: Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. We perform geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we're bringing stability to a project.
As an integrated part of Stantec's multi-disciplined services, we provide comprehensive geotechnical services, ranging from field explorations and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures.
We're at the forefront of new commercial and institutional sites, transportation facilities, flood control structures, mining developments, near shore and offshore structures, green energy developments, utility expansions, water supply assessments, oil and gas facilities, and pipelines -you'll find us working everywhere from urban cores to remote northern outposts. By expanding our depth and range of professional services we ensure community improvements are built on solid ground. Our continued growth gives our team opportunity to work with clients across multiple sectors on technically challenging and transformational projects.
Are you a highly effective business leader with extensive geotechnical engineering experience? Are you an entrepreneur-type personality who thrives in fast-paced environments and who likes to achieve nothing but the best? Then come j oin a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock solid future.
Our GTA Region, ON is seeking a highly connected and enthusiastic Engineering Leader with extensive geotechnical / materials consulting experience to build relationships internally and externally and use your engineering expertise, client relationship and account management experience to grow opportunities within our expanding team and organization.
In this position you will be working in a true partnership with local and national business leaders and will collaborate with the leaders in other groups, including but not limited to Environmental Services, Mining, Power, Oil & Gas, Buildings, Infrastructure to optimize integrated business planning and client management.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts and proposals;
- Lead the Geotechnical Engineering GTA East team and be responsible for resource management processes, recruitment, career development, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development;
- Work with other business developers, practitioners, and marketing teams within Stantec to assist in growing the Geotechnical business;
- Promoting business collaboration initiatives, working with other Business Lines to ensure a "We are better together" approach is taken with regards to client management and targeted opportunities and projects
- Develop and steward marketing and business development plans, budgets, and key performance indicators. Assist in the development of the annual business plan and budget for the group;
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor /teaming partners, and potential recruits;
- Attend selected conferences and maintain active memberships in associations (such as local geotechnical associations, Canadian Geotechnical Association, and other related associations deemed beneficial to the group);
- Promote compliance with our Health and Safety Policy.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate degree, or a B.Sc. with at least 10 years professional geotechnical/materials engineering experience including demonstrated business leadership roles with an engineering consulting firm. Experience of a matrix organization would be considered advantageous.
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the Land Development and Infrastructure sectors especially within the GTA East. In particular a thorough understanding of the key business and project drivers for developing opportunities.
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base within a client account management framework. Such experience within a consulting organization is considered a strong asset.
- Previous success in development and executing customer and market segment strategic plans is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience delivering high quality presentations.
- The ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top