Senior Geotechnical Project Manager
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. We perform geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we're bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
Stantec's Geotechnical Engineering practice is searching for a highly motivated Geotechnical Project Manager to join their team.
Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to help manage projects in our successful Geotechnical Engineering practice in the southeast US. As a Geotechnical Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on geotechnical engineering projects in a multi-disciplinary project team environment in the dams, power, transportation, and infrastructure sectors.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and delivering successful geotechnical engineering projects and developing cost effective, practical geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. You will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as clients, members of professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. Specific responsibilities of a Project Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Maintaining and enhancing our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establishing project objectives, procedures and performance standards, and leading multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services for geotechnical engineering projects.
- Identifying appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives as well as managing contract terms, tracking and managing costs and schedules, and implementing measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Leading by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Growing internal and external networks to enhance Stantec's reputation and identifying additional talent to join our team.
- Providing mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Developing client relationships to facilitate project activities.
- Promoting collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
- Serving as Engineer-of-Record on projects.
- Supervising the work of other engineers, including setting the priorities for their scope of work, their budgets and their schedules for completing the work.
- Leading project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Remaining current on regulatory policy and rule changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Engaging in leadership in Professional organizations that align with expertise; writing technical papers and delivering technical presentations for conference and symposia events.
- Developing project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects, and supporting marketing and business development professionals in positioning for potential projects, writing technical portions of proposals, participating in client interviews and supporting negotiations for project contracts.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in project management, preferably for geotechnical projects in the dams, power, and transportation sectors.
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering, Masters a plus
- Licensed PE with the ability to obtain reciprocity in multiple states
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, subconsultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
- Demonstrated successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Strong understanding of geotechnical practices including exploration, analysis, and design and an understanding of all phases of project document production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel to other offices as well as to project sites will be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001IT
Back to top