Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Water Power and Dams, Portland
seeking highly qualified applicants to help lead and execute geotechnical engineering
projects within our successful Waterpower and Dams (WP&D) business
operations in the western US. Our existing WP&D operation has a
multidisciplinary staff that specializes in the planning, design, and
construction of WP&D projects including:
- All types of
will be located in our office in Portland, Oregon. The WP&D operation in
the western US is supported by more than 500 WP&D staff across the United
States and globally as well with the entire 22,000 staff of Stantec.
Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for leading technical teams, senior
technical review of our existing projects and our business development efforts.
The individual will interact internally throughout the organization with staff
at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and
professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms.
responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the
Technical Leadership of Projects with Prominent Geotechnical Features
in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and
the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and
technical teams, perform technical work, make technical presentations, plan
technical portions of projects, develop technical portions of proposals, and
provide technical review of work products.
by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including
risk management, project management, and quality management.
internal and external networks to enhance Stantec reputation and identify
additional talent to join our team.
and train future leaders, including development of succession plans for key
collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
Development and Marketing
business model is to maintain and grow key relationships with existing and
prospective clients across multiple organization lines. This role would promote
and enhance the client-focused approach to foster an active and in-depth
knowledge of the client organizations, business issues and drivers across the
across the multiple business lines within Stantec to develop new business
opportunities for existing and prospective clients. This responsibility also
includes evaluating opportunities with respect to our core technical expertise,
geographic location, and client knowledge and relationships across the western
and enhance the Stantec brand through participation in conferences, workshops,
presentations, interviews, and other industry-related activities.
The successfulcandidate will have or be able to demonstrate the following:
• 10 - 15 yearsof relevant experience in the hydropower, dams, and/or tunnels.
• Bachelor'sdegree (Master's degree preferred) in WP&D sector-related engineeringdiscipline or sciences.
• Provenexperience developing business for hydropower and/or dams sectors.
• Demonstratedsuccessful experience to initiate and maintain relationships with local staffand key staff from other locations within an organization and with existing andprospective clients.
• Demonstratedsuccessful experience in client service management, including the ability tointerface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positiverelationships.
• Demonstratedsuccessful experience in leadership, including defining and setting thedirection for a team, project, and office; strategy development; changemanagement; and corporate stewardship.
• CivilEngineering degree
• Previous consultingwork experience in a design environment
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000J2
Back to top