Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Power and Dams
- Houston, TX
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized power and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful power and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to help lead designs in our Houston, Texas office. Our Power and Dams (P&D) operation has a multidisciplinary staff of over 500 people nationwide that specialize in the planning, design, and construction of P&D projects including:
- All types of dams
- Conventional hydropower
- Pumped storage hydropower
We are currently looking to add a full time Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to the Power and Dams Group in our growing Houston office. The successful candidate for this senior-level technical position will be responsible for working with technical teams, leading designs, supervising staff, interfacing with clients, inspecting dams, and performing site visits to meet with clients in Texas and nearby states. The individual will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Work with and lead technical teams, perform and deliver technical work, make technical presentations, plan technical portions of projects, develop technical portions of proposals, and provide technical review of work products.
- Plan and manage tasks and projects to complete them on time and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Mentor and train junior staff to grow their technical capabilities.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
Business Development and Marketing
- Work across the multiple business lines within Stantec in support of development of new business opportunities for existing and prospective clients.
- Promote and enhance the Stantec brand through participation in conferences, workshops, presentations, interviews, and other industry-related activities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven project/task experience with performing geotechnical investigations and analyses, construction management, and task/project management for hydropower, dams, levees, and tunnel projects.
- Dam inspection experience preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience to support projects using available staff.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management, including the ability to interface and build relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership of technical team, projects, and change management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering required. Master's in a dam-related Civil Engineering field (Geotechnical, Structural - Concrete, or Hydraulics) is preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant work experience in the hydropower and dams.
- Registered Professional Engineer (Texas preferred)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 20000094
Back to top