Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Your Opportunity Are you looking for the chance to exercise your technical skills while overseeing a variety of projects and mentoring junior staff? Stantec has an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to make a meaningful impact on the growth of the geotechnical group.
Stantec strives to be a leading global design firm and with over 45 years in the industry, our geotechnical engineers and material specialists are focused on solving design, construction and rehabilitation issues impacting the communities where we work and live. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
Your Duties Our Edmonton geotechnical team is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to fill the role of Technical Lead and Senior Technical Reviewer. To be successful in this role, the individual must have:
- A strong technical background with a broad range of project experience spanning at least 20 years
- A broad range of direct and relevant project experience in line with the variety of projects undertaken by Stantec
- Proven ability to effectively and clearly communicate technical solutions to other team members and clients
- A strong desire to work with, mentor and coach junior staff through the technical review process, including accountability for the overall technical quality of the team's geotechnical work and the technical development of junior staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of the consulting business and understanding the critical nature of practical value driven solutions which are not always the most technically complex
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Edmonton, Alberta head office where many of Stantec's design projects take place, it is expected that your broad technical skills will help continue to grow the geotechnical team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promote a strong health and safety culture in the team
- Provide technical leadership on projects or complete quality/independent reviews of technical work on projects
- Work on a variety of small to large projects spanning from transportation, residential, commercial, and industrial developments as well as linear corridors and geohazard work
- Mentor, coach, and train less experienced professionals as required, encouraging growth and succession within the team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum of a post graduate degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university
- Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGA (or be eligible within 12 months of starting)
- Minimum of 20 years' experience in geotechnical consulting
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary design teams with experience of collaborating across projects
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong technical skills are a must and experience serving on a technical board is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- team building skills are essential for the candidate to meet the expectations of this position
- Results-oriented individual who has demonstrated enthusiasm and possesses a high degree of integrity
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work with and contribute to a larger team
- Previous leadership or people management experience is highly desirable
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top