Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Auckland
- Auckland, New Zealand
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve-because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
You'll join a team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the geotechnical/engineering geologist leadership group and global community to help shape the development of the team. You'll be involved in a range of engineering projects including dams and hydropower, transportation, and water and wastewater Infrastructure throughout New Zealand and Asia Pacific.
A typical week could see you planning and undertaking site investigations and testing, designing ground improvements foundation or pile design, undertaking risk assessments and delivering detailed technical engineering reports. You'll provide high-end advice to clients and lead and develop innovative and successful project solutions. Mentoring, training and developing other members in the team will also be a key part of the role.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
• Determine internal and external client requirements
• Conduct and manage field data acquisition, site investigations and testing
• Produce calculations, reporting, specifications and drawings to ensure that geotechnical designs provide appropriate solutions
• Provide quality check and review experience to an appropriate technical standard
• Provide geotechnical expertise to meet project needs
• Plan, program and coordinate geotechnical projects, as a technical leader, to deliver the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to agreed quality standards
• Develop and mentor junior staff.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Auckland
We're looking for Engineering NZ CPEng accredited geotechnical engineers with senior level geotechnical experience, ideally in the engineering consulting and contracting industries. Previous experience in Singapore, Australia or Asia Pacific would be useful. You'll have a strong background in design, ideally in the dams and hydropower, transportation or water sectors and be familiar with industry standard design software. You'll also need a strong track record of managing client relationships and winning work.
Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary, we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing are ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional memberships
• Health Insurance - Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) - Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Margaret McMeel on +64 9 580 4502 0r mobile +64 275 442 930 or apply directly on line.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across seven continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Back to top