Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Your Opportunity: Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that is rock solid. Sometimes we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we're bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock solid future.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer with strong technical design skills with the communication and organizational skills to manage projects and act as a technical resource for the team in our Rocklin, CA office.
Your Duties: As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. You will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Identify and lead project opportunities and pursuits.
- Manage geotechnical programs, maintaining quality and implementing improvements.
- Work on a variety of small to large projects spanning from transportation, flood control structures such as dams and levees, commercial and industrial developments.
- Provide senior technical review of geotechnical reports.
- Assist on the expansion of our practice to mi-western and western states.
- Mentor, coach and train less experienced professionals as required, encouraging growth and succession within the team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum of a Master degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university. A PhD degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset.
- CA Professional Engineer registration in good standing, or the ability to obtain the professional designation.
- Minimum of 20 years' experience in geotechnical consulting.
- Proven track record in developing and sustaining client relationships.
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary design teams with experience of collaborating across projects.
- Western US experience is also considered an asset.
- An individual with a good business acumen and strong client management experience.
- A self-starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top