Senior Geotechnical Engineer
MWH is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer for our Denver, Colorado office. The primary focus of this position is to serve US and International-based clients (with the design of civil structures (such as dams). This position will require a dynamic individual who can interface with clients, perform business development, develop and lead site investigations, develop detailed designs, execute and review calculations, and is an expert at report writing. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with client and members of business and professional organizations.
Specific activities to be performed by the applicant include:
1. Following safe work practices and adhering to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. MSHA and/or OSHA training will be required.
2. Developing, overseeing, and interpreting geotechnical investigations; primarily focused on dams, hydropower, and water resources projects.
3. Preparing technical memoranda and detailed reports pertaining to field investigations and studies.
4. Assist with conceptual development, feasibility studies, and final/detailed design.
5. Select criteria for planning, design, and construction of dams, tunnels, caverns, foundations, slopes, and earth-retaining structures.
6. Developing design drawings and construction specifications related to civil and geotechnical disciplines.
7. Oversee numerical analysis using programs such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, SWEDGE, UDEC, FLAC, Plaxis, Phase2, SEEP/W and SLOPE/W under the supervision of others.
8. Prepare technical reports including geotechnical data reports, geotechnical baseline reports, field reports, technical memoranda, computation packages, feasibility reports, design and evaluation reports.
9. Developing preliminary budgets, determining project scope, establishing schedules, processing appropriate paperwork, and interacting with clients.
10. Preparing proposals and assisting in preparing and giving presentations.
• Minimum of a B.S. in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering with preference given to advanced degrees.
• 5-10 years of experience working on civil and geotechnical engineering projects, focusing on detailed design, site investigation, reporting and business development.
• Can demonstrate past experience with hydropower or dam design.
• Ability to work independently in the field at remote sites.
• Ability to lead and mentor younger professionals.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in foreign languages a plus.
• Existing professional registration (P.E.) or ability to obtain it within 3-6 months of starting work.
• Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
• Familiarity with regulatory agency requirements, technical design standards, and industry standards and guidelines
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH, now part of Stantec, is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email Alicia.Slader@mwhglobal.com.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top