Senior Geologist/Geological Engineer
- Wichita, KS
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are seeking a motivated individual with consulting experience in contaminant management, remediation, and brownfield redevelopment to help grow our service offerings in both Kansas and Missouri. This is a unique opportunity to perform as a Senior Project Manager and technical lead for several ongoing brownfield redevelopment projects. The position can be located in either Wichita, Kansas or Kansas City, Missouri.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage ongoing remediation and brownfield redevelopment projects, including supervising the work of other staff, setting the priorities for their scope of work, their budgets, and their schedules for completing the work, and advising on technical problems and evaluating others' work for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Work with leadership and direct reports to formulate a strategic plan that advances strategic growth in Kansas and Missouri.
- Identify and cultivate external relationships key to developing new business opportunities.
- Work to foster and maintain the company culture through interaction with staff, clients and the community.
- Development and maintenance of industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub consultants, partners and potential recruits.
- Identification of major/strategic/transformational projects associated with top clients/prospects.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Meet and build relationships with targeted clients with the objective of introducing Stantec and increasing our exposure in the local market.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The ideal candidate will possess strong operational/financial management, project management, leadership, team building, people management and communication skills.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Promotes policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (if applicable).
- Strategic thinking.
- Ability to motivate and influence.
- Desire to succeed and possess a high degree of integrity.
- Previous leadership experience is essential.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Geoscience, Engineering or related field; Master's degree highly desirable.
Licensed Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer required.
Requires thorough understanding of Contaminant Management, Remediation, and Site Redevelopment.
Minimum 12 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience.
Majority of time spent in office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work, or combination of office and field. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Overland Park
Other Locations: United States-Kansas-Wichita
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000FG
Back to top