Senior Financial Analyst
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Financial Analyst in our Financial Services Team (FST ) . As a key member of this team, you will be responsible for reviewing and maintaining various balance sheet account reconciliations. In addition, you will provide guidance and direction to the Accounting Technicians and Analysts involved in the day-to-day operations of financial reporting adding value to the company by providing financial expertise. This opportunity is located in our Edmonton, Alberta, office.
Your Key Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assisting in the 5-day period end close process including identifying any issues and the action required to correct them to ensure that our financial statements are properly stated.
- Reviewing and approving journal entries.
- Providing and maintaining information as required for external disclosure.
- Ensuring staff are fully trained and equipped to perform in a high volume centralized environment.
- Assisting with the hiring of technicians and analysts within the Financial Reporting group and determining the best allocation of work given the resources available.
- Mentoring staff, including those working towards CPA designation.
- Answering queries from operating regions and various other duties.
- Answering queries from Internal and External auditors.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, practices, procedures.
- Ensuring key controls for financial reporting related to Stantec's SOX and internal control program are effective and operational.
- Assisting with the review and implementation of various business process improvements.
- Assist with updates and changes to financial practices and procedures including corporate forms.
- A professional accounting designation with 2-3 years post designation experience working in a fast paced accounting environment.
- A thorough working knowledge of full cycle accounting.
- Proven ability to work either as part of a team or independently with a full range of staff from administrative to senior management.
- Self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, mentor and support team members.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Oracle or other large Enterprise systems would be an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top