Senior FEMA Program Analyst
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity Stantec's Water group has an opportunity for a Senior Program Analyst. This position will provide support to FEMA's Risk MAP program, serve as a subject matter expert throughout Stantec related to various parts of the Risk MAP program, and support FEMA Flood Insurance Studies production if needed. This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to join a team of multidisciplinary professionals in a fast paced, customer driven environment. The position offers great potential for professional growth and leadership opportunity to apply their technical and programmatic knowledge related to FEMA's National Flood Insurance Program and Risk MAP. Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide Risk MAP program support to the Regional Service Center (RSC)
- Provide Risk MAP subject matter expert knowledge to the RSC and Stantec production teams, including development of training and guidance materials
- Perform quality reviews and data validations of FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and data deliverables
- Support project managers through the production lifecycle
- Communication and collaboration with the project team, project managers, clients, Cooperative Technical Partners, and local communities
- Review official documentation (correspondence, Federal Register notices, etc.)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program, including Letter of Map Changes (LOMCs)
- Knowledge of FEMA guidance and systems, including the Mapping Information Platform (MIP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills via phone, email, and in person to internal and external clients
- Detailed oriented individual with ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks, concurrently, while maintaining a high level of quality
Bachelor's degree in Geography, Geospatial Information Systems, Environmental Science, or a related field
Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in FEMA, Risk MAP, mapping and quality reviews
Master's Degree in Geography, Geospatial Information Systems, Environmental Science, or a related field
Project Management experience
CFM or GISP certification
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top