MWH Constructors (MWHC) is recruiting for an experienced Senior Estimator role in our Grapevine, Texas office. The position will have responsibility to support industrial water & wastewater treatment plant projects in the U.S.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Estimator effort for competitive bid municipal/industrial facilities. Responsibilities include reviewing and understanding RFP documents, preparing quantity surveys (take off) of various features of the work, approving labor units and unit pricing from historical data and national publications, developing general conditions estimates.
Other essential functions will include but will not be limited to:
1. Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
2. Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
3. Provide or supervise complete conceptual (or bidwork) and final estimating input on complex projects.
4. Coordinate provision of technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
5. Insure all working documents and data are maintained to backup estimate figures.
6. Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
7. Track awarded contracts as required, including estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
8. Work closely with MWHC Safety and Procurement departments to ensure proper resources included in estimates. Also work closely with MWH Engineering staff to collect applicable cost information.
9. Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the MWHC Administration Plan prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
10. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
11. Be involved in project planning sessions and team meeting to provide estimating input.
12. Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Will supervise professional estimating staff and support personnel.
4-year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent degree.
8+ years estimating, cost control and/or engineering with a minimum of 3 years estimating experience in industrial / municipal water & wastewater treatment plant projects.
Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts.
Minimum of 2 years of managing/supervising experience over professional estimating staff as well as coordinate and supervise group work efforts essential.
Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts including hard bid.
Ability to prepare complex proposals with minimum of supervision.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top