Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. As a global community of approximately 22,000 employees that design with community in mind, we look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH is seeking an Environmental Scientist/Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
•Lead large, complex scale environmental remediation projects at a local refinery in all phases of planning, execution, and delivery of site management projects of all size.
• Support the design and implementation of remedial actions for contaminated soil and groundwater sites to include: technology screening; pilot testing; field demonstrations; and startup, troubleshooting, optimization, and operation and maintenance activities for remediation systems.
• Leverage teams comprised of different technical disciplines to complete tasks and prepare technical deliverables for clients, regulatory agencies, or other stakeholders.
• Coordinate and conduct field investigations and related activities involving site inspections, environmental monitoring, and data collection (soil, groundwater, and soil gas sampling).
• Prepare and coordinate production of various deliverables such as work plans, site investigations reports, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, closure reports, site drawings, and specifications.
• Develop construction plans, specifications and estimate of probable costs.
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related degree.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in environmental consulting.
• Previous experience with petroleum hydrocarbons
• Experience with field investigations of various environmental media (soil, groundwater, sediment, and surface water), data evaluation, and general remediation technologies
• Ability to demonstrate expertise in managing and executing projects.
• California registered Professional Engineer (P.E.).
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top