Senior Environmental Project Manager/Business Developer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Environmental Services practice is seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager/Business Developer to join our dynamic Environmental Management team in Ottawa, Ontario. You will report to the Business Centre Sector Leader (BCSL) and work closely with the Business Centre Managing Leaders (BCMLs) and the Business Centre Discipline Leader (BCDL). As a key member of the team, you will also work with Senior management to determine the future direction of the practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sustaining and growing revenue within various Environmental Management Sectors (Government, Mining, Power, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Manufacturing)
- Coordinate and lead business development pursuits, including leading proposal development, coordinating a core group of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals
- Personally pursue and lead projects within area of specialty
- Focus on local and regional clients, as well as supporting account managers with key accounts and global and national clients
- Participate and lead (when required) marketing and business development meetings, client surveys, and local business center improvement plans
- Assist with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center and work with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators
- Provide supervision to local business center sector staff
- Identify technical gaps within teams and work with local leadership to address gaps.
- Attract key staff to Stantec's Environmental Management team to facilitate growth.
- Work collaboratively and communicate regularly with business center, regional, and sector leadership to achieve key performance indicators.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Business development skills with ability to identify and develop prospects, nurture key relationships, cross-sell services, negotiate, and engage business.
- Proven success in building and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers in the Environmental Management market in Ottawa, including the City of Ottawa.
- Demonstrated successful technical leadership of large, complex projects.
- Strong managerial skills; with ability to hire, engage, develop, and retain top-tier talent.
- Strong business acumen with ability to identify, develop and map strategy, prepare, interpret and manage budgets.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider.
- Outstanding consulting skills, with ability to present a credible, engaging image in keeping with Stantec's high service standards.
- Familiarity with industry trends and leaders in the markets we serve in Environmental Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and polished presentation and public speaking skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an environmentally related field, with minimum of 10 years of environmental consulting experience. Experience and knowledge to create, suggest and introduce innovative and effective client solutions and integrated deliverables that are aligned with both sector and global business objectives.
Position will be located in Ottawa, Ontario. Position will primarily work in an office setting; will require frequent travel to other Stantec offices in Ontario and for client meetings.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002JN
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top