Senior Environmental Project Manager (Regulatory, Siting and Permitting)
- Cincinnati, OH
Senior Environmental Project Manager / Senior Environmental Scientist (Regulatory, Siting, and Permitting)
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Does working with power utility and energy clients on great projects, with a talented team of professionals while managing project deliverables appeal to you?
Stantec's Environmental Services team is seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Project Manager with demonstrated experience in natural resource management to help lead environmental regulatory and permitting efforts for electric transmission and natural gas pipeline projects in the Midwest and/or mid-Atlantic area. Based out of either Cincinnati, OH or Indianapolis, IN, with responsibility for project delivery, you will be an integral part of our team, supervising and mentoring staff while working collaboratively to support business development opportunities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage projects and tasks in accordance with approved scopes of work, delivering quality reports and permit applications on schedule and within budge.
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients.
- Interact and interface with clients and environmental regulators.
- Complete report and permit application document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Complete utility line and substation routing and siting studies and complete contract administration and site inspection services.
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
- Assists in analyzing current and emerging technical issues and implementing actions to proactively address market, business, regulatory, and/or economic issues.
- Assignments/projects are advanced in nature and require the application of mature knowledge.
- Responsible for planning and conducting assignments/projects having a broad scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult tasks.
- Recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgment; accepted as accurate and feasible.
- Provide supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff.
- Review work of junior staff.
- Applies technical and business knowledge and methods to develop creative, effective, and economical solutions to address current and potential project issues.
- Executes specific technical tasks or requirements for medium to large projects.
- Conduct peer reviews of routine and moderately complex work by colleagues or more junior practitioners.
- Qualifies as a Quality Reviewer and undertakes Quality Reviews of moderate to large deliverables.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in and consistently demonstrates and promotes policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (if applicable).
- Advanced skills in technical writing, with prior experience writing routing and siting reports for electric transmission and natural gas transmission projects.
- Skilled in communications and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public.
- Disciplined approach to project execution and technical excellence.
- Ability to provide written and verbal direction on project delivery.
- Shows leadership in striving to continuously improve technical performance.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports creativity and innovation.
- Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships.
- Drives collaborative efforts within the region and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work.
- Good driving record and valid driver's license required.
- At least four years of experience successfully executing technical aspects of medium to complex projects.
Education and Experience
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Botany, or related field. Master's degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Botany, or related field is preferred. Minimum 10 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Other Locations: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000KR
Back to top