Senior Environmental Planner (Program Manager) - Power/T&D
- Salt Lake City, UT
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that is critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
At Stantec we pride ourselves on providing comprehensive environmental services to the North America transmission and distribution market. We have helped our clients successfully navigate environmental and regulatory channels by delivering thousands of miles of transmission lines through highly remote and challenging areas. What sets us apart is our ability to manage projects locally, while providing industry leading resources for linear multi-jurisdictional projects and transmission lines.
We are currently growing our Environmental Services Power Utility team. We are searching for a superior candidate with over 15 years of environmental regulatory experience, with an emphasis on the power utility sector for our Environmental Services Practice in Salt Lake City, Utah. Joining Stantec's North American network of over 3000 environmental services professionals, with over 25 years providing environmental services to the transmission and distribution market, in over 200 office locations in the US, you will be given the opportunity to maximize your strengths and interests in strategic consulting, business development, technical consulting and project management of environmental planning, permitting and compliance projects. Does working on great projects, with a talented team of professional's while managing client services appeal to you? Apply today!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Project management and technical delivery of environmental services such as due diligence studies, discretionary environmental permitting, state and federal acts, environmental technical studies, regulatory compliance services related projects to clients within the environmental services energy sector.
- Bring project schedules, budgets, and scopes of work to successful completion.
- Manage client services to increase opportunities to receive follow on work, including routine correspondence/meetings, opportunity capitalization, negotiation of commercial terms, health and safety metric reporting, feedback solicitation and advocacy facilitation.
- Lead business development opportunities including the development and implementation of "win" strategies, including client contact, proposal preparation, and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
- Understand client's drivers and emerging regulations within the power utility sector and develop innovative solutions to address any challenges to increase Stantec's revenue and market share within the environmental services energy sector.
- Contribute to cross-regional and market strategies for developing and growing environmental permitting, planning and compliance services.
- Build and maintain productive relationships across all stakeholder groups including regulators.
- Create and maintain relationships across Stantec's practices and geographies to promote cross-selling of services.
- Help develop a team of high performers through coaching or mentoring staff to expand understanding of business development and project delivery/management.
- Identify opportunities for junior and mid-level staff that complement their professional development (e.g., participating in "ride-along" client development or presentation activities).
- Drive Stantec's Safer Together culture, prioritizing the health and safety of our employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our code of business conduct and ethics policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Established reputation as a power industry leader through publication of technical papers and presentations at conferences.
- Ability to plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of large, multi-discipline projects, medium-sized projects with a high degree of technical complexity, and small projects with minimal environmental constraints.
- Ability to manage projects and business development activities simultaneously, working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider.
- A leader and coach who can apply their skills to complex problems.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 certification required or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment physical and/or drug & alcohol screening.
- Ability to travel that will fluctuate with pursuit and business demands.
- Time allocation to include a blend of direct time on projects (approx. 60%) and client and proposal specific marketing and business development.
- Key performance indicators will include meeting annual sales goals and achieving planned client growth goals (as established in the business plans).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in environmental planning, environmental science, engineering, or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of successfully managing an environmental services program in the power sector.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001FE
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top