Senior Environmental Planner (Part-Time)
3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the project. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Calgary office is currently seeking a Senior Regulatory and Environmental Assessment Specialist to lead and manage large scale energy projects through the assessment and approval process. This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Management team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address environmental permitting and approval requirements. Our staff members have established excellent working relationships with regulators in western Canada, and our regulatory knowledge, environmental assessment experience and scientific expertise allow us to help our clients develop the most effective approach to securing regulatory approvals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work directly with clients to provide strategic environmental advice and project management throughout all stages of the regulatory permitting process, including provincial and federal regulatory frameworks
- Lead teams of technical environmental and engineering specialists to support the environmental assessment, application development and permitting processes
- Provide technical, environmental and regulatory support for medium and large-scale projects through the assessment, application filing, post-filing and post-approval stages
- Create and provide senior review of environmental assessments and technical documents that support regulatory submissions
- Contribute to business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with existing and prospective clients
- Communicate and collaborate with other environmental and regulatory specialists to ensure consistency in project execution
- Develop and mentor junior and intermediate staff
- Participate in team and independent based work
Capabilities and Credentials
- A Bachelor's degree in the Sciences or in Environmental Studies
- A minimum of 15 years of environmental and regulatory related experience in one or more of the following industries:
- Federally-regulated (NEB) pipelines and facilities
- Provincially-regulated pipelines and facilities (BC, AB, SK)
- Oil sands mines and in-situ projects
- Petrochemical plants
- Electrical transmission
- Power generation
- Strong understanding of provincial and federal regulations and permitting requirements
- A solid understanding of provincial and federal environmental assessment processes
- Ability and desire to coaching and mentor junior and intermediate staff
- Demonstrated effective writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated should submit their resume and cover letter visit on-line at www.stantec.com/careers.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Planner
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001YN
Back to top