Senior Environmental Planner
- Sacramento, CA
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner with an emphasis on community development, water infrastructure, transportation infrastructure and/or power transmission and distribution for our Environmental Services Practice in northern California. The location of the position is flexible, but would likely be limited to Stantec's Sacramento, San Jose, Petaluma, San Francisco, and Walnut Creek offices. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience successfully managing an environmental services program in the community development, water, transportation, and/or power sectors. Candidate must have extensive CEQA/NEPA and permitting experience. Strong emphasis will be placed on previous experience with developers, water resources agencies, transportation agencies,
and/or Investor Owned Utilities, strong quality of work, ability to manage programs and
teams, and ability to facilitate continued growth of Stantec's Environmental Services across northern California.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supervise project managers and technical staff.
- Direct, manage, and/or assist with the preparation of CEQA and other environmental compliance documents for a wide range of public and private clients.
- Identify, pursue, and win projects in northern California.
- Develop teaming agreements for project pursuits.
- Prepare proposals, lead interview teams, and bring in work to support the Environmental Services team.
- Develop clients and expand market share.
- Bring project schedules, budgets, and scopes of work to successful completion.
- Identify program and project staffing needs.
- Mentor staff.
- Participate in development/water/public works-related associations.
- Be a visible regional leader within the firm and the industry.
- Regularly interface with representatives of Stantec's Community Development, Water, Transportation and/or Power Practices (engineering, design and construction management) to facilitate inter-Practice cross selling of services.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Public speaking skills are desirable.
- Ability to plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of large, multi-discipline projects, medium-sized projects with a high degree of technical complexity, and small projects with minimal environmental constraints.
- An ability to manage several projects simultaneously is essential.
- Demonstrable marketing experience and client development and retention skills are required.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment physical and/or drug & alcohol screening
A bachelor's degree in environmental planning, environmental science, engineering or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible and applicable experience with program management and environmental documentation related to CEQA.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for positions
open in our San Francisco office.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Planner
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-San Jose, United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-Petaluma, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 20000066
Back to top