Senior Environmental Planner - ( 2000026F )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As a Senior Environmental Planner, you will work with multi-disciplinary teams focused on Investor Owned Utility (IOU) Company projects, providing sound and reasonable planning advice, and conducting environmental assessments for projects as required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Direct, manage and deliver multi-disciplinary environmental services including: licensing, biological, cultural, and paleontological, wetlands/water resources, coastal zone regulation, hazardous tree biological resources, California Environmental Quality Act/National Environmental Policy Act (CEQA/NEPA), FERC, and GIS support for IOU environmental projects throughout Southern California.
- Direct and prepare Initial Studies, Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and supporting technical studies.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec's other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- Define and manage project objective, scope, schedule, budget, contracts, subcontracts and multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure client and project team satisfaction.
- Ensure client and regulator satisfaction via appropriate facilitation, negotiation, and issues resolution.
- Interact with and develop excellent relations with clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Ensure QA/QC and H&S requirements and procedures are identified and followed throughout a project's life cycle.
- Technical work, review of reports and proposals and presentations.
- Mentor junior and intermediate staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated success working on IOU environmental projects
- Demonstrated success in developing client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and strategic planning.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and mentoring skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex issue to clients, regulators, and stakeholders.
- History of relevant professional development.
- Proven and demonstrated high quality technical writing skills.
- Experience in or a solid understanding of the consulting industry in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to client's business needs.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Environmental Science, Planning or related field. Minimum of 7-8 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-California-Thousand Oaks
Other Locations : United States-California-Pasadena, United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-San Bernardino
Job : Environmental Planner
Organization : BC-1858 Environmental Services-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 21, 2020, 4:09:01 PM
Req ID: 2000026F
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans