Senior Environmental Assessment Practitioner /Project Manager
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Our St. John's, NL office is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Assessment Practitioner/Project Manager that can guide clients through the CEAA and the Newfoundland and Labrador provincial process. This position requires experience managing multi-disciplinary environmental assessments or planning projects, working with regulators and public stakeholders, and the ability to find solutions for our clients.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment and will be responsible for leading environmental impact assessments and environmental permitting for a variety of clients. He/she will also be responsible for proposal and report writing and presentations.
As the successful candidate, you will be involved in a variety of projects in the offshore oil and gas, mining, and power sectors. Specific duties will include scoping the work required to fulfill the requirements of CEAA and the Newfoundland and Labrador environmental assessment legislation, the coordination of field work, and preparing EA reports such as component studies and Environmental Impact Statements, based on the results of data and coordination of large teams of subject-discipline experts.
Your Duties Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing direction to team of discipline-area experts regarding completion of environmental assessment reports
- Assisting with and /or leading proposal development, including the development of work plans, project teams, and budgets
- Client and project management
- Providing direction on technical work programs
- Senior review of technical reports
- Mentoring and coaching of junior and intermediate professionals
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-graduate degree, or a B.Sc. with strong relevant experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience
- Demonstrated environmental assessment experience on major projects
- Knowledge of environmental assessment, including generalist knowledge of socio-economic principles and methods, marine biology, terrestrial ecology, freshwater ecology, and public consultation is key to this position
- Leadership skills and willingness to coach and mentor staff
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Excellent report writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top