Senior Energy Modeler
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity The Stantec Toronto office has an immediate need for a full-time self-motivated Senior Energy Modeler to provide support, technical expertise, direction and leadership in the execution of sustainability projects. You would bring good communication skills, technical strengths, project experience, ability to provide excellent client service and a commitment to sustainable design.
Your Key Responsibilities
Our Stantec Energy and Sustainability team specializes in the sustainable design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects.
Within the GTA and Ontario Southwest, the Stantec Energy and Sustainability Team provides consulting services at all scales of the built environment and at every stage of the building life cycle, based upon the principles and goals of sustainability and stewardship. This high-performance consulting service reflects the interconnected systems-based nature of sustainability and includes LEED Consulting, Building Performance Simulation, and Commissioning. We are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, commissioning and ongoing building optimization. Our open structure, collaborate culture, and sustainable design ethos cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support projects through services including energy modelling, preparing related documentation, researching sustainable building design strategies, and writing reports.
- Provide building performance modelling that analyzes energy and thermal performance of new and existing commercial, institutional, and residential buildings.
- Work with clients and design teams in an integrated design approach to identify appropriate design strategies geared towards improving energy performance, indoor air quality, and thermal comfort; provide ongoing analysis through design and construction.
- Prepare LEED documentation associated with energy modeling; assist with coordination of other LEED documentation as necessary.
- Energy-related mechanical engineering - design, analysis and reporting in support of efficient and sustainable energy related projects.
- Keep up to date with current and emerging legislative requirements for building energy, in particular new construction, in Toronto, Ontario, and Canada, plus sources of government incentive funding.
- Collaborate with our buildings engineering and architectural groups, LEED facilitation, and existing buildings energy teams.
- Be a 'connector' to our Stantec national energy modelling practice network.
- Minimum 2 years' experience using eQuest, plus other modeling software tools such as IES, TRNSYS, EnergyPlus.
- Excellent understanding of building physics and building construction.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and communication skills, as well as report writing skills.
- Good knowledge of relevant standards including Ontario Building Code, ASHRAE 90.1, NECB, etc.
- LEED Accredited Professional status with the Canadian Green Building Council (or significant progress towards this accreditation).
- Experience in alternative energy including any of the following technologies: solar thermal, solar PV, wind, geo-exchange, cogeneration, district energy, biomass, and ocean energy
- Experience in the analysis of carbon management, GHG/emissions quantification or verification
Experience in a consulting or building construction environment with a specialization in building mechanical systems, building envelopes, and/or building energy efficiency.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top