Senior Electrical Engineer, Buildings
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
If you are interested in working on sustainable, integrated building solutions, then joining Stantec as a Senior Electrical Engineer could be your most rewarding move. The role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills while working as part of a team committed to delivering excellent service for our clients. Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and their experience making decisions to complete assigned responsibilities from leadership.
We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class design firm. The role is to lead all size electrical projects and work as a team member of a larger project. This person should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer all electrical systems or products for a project. This person will perform a variety of tasks, which may include Revit design, calculations, and field work. This person must be a degreed individual with a BS in an engineering program and have a PE. This person typically has 10 plus years of engineering experience. This person may have other engineers reporting to them.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sustainable engineering design directly on the computer and provide mark ups for junior engineers.
- Will be directly responsible for the review and sealing of their projects.
- Develop job and discipline specific specifications independently.
- Assist in the development of new design standards and specifications for their discipline.
- Work and coordinate with architectural, interiors, and other engineering disciplines for coordination of the project.
- Perform field work independently and lead a group of engineers and designers.
- Perform calculations using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer's software.
- Assist other Senior Engineers with engineering duties on large complex projects.
- Be able to develop project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects.
- Give guidance and mentor junior staff; including lead engineers, engineers, designers, and co-ops.
- Recognize colleagues' strengths and provides them with ongoing feedback and coaching
- Assist Project Managers, Project Directors, and Principals-In-Charge with business development and development of proposals for smaller less complex projects.
- Oversee and manage multiple projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Leaders and/or Business Center (BC) Leaders and be capable of multi-tasking.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- PE License required in the state(s) they are practicing - only Texas at this time
- LEED accredited professional is preferred
- Ability to meet NCEES requirements for licensure in other states required
- Experience in technology design is a plus
- Experience in designing photovoltaic (solar power) solutions for buildings is a plus
- Can demonstrate projects in which they designed sustainable energy efficient electrical power and lighting building solutions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in electrical power and lighting design
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000W7
Back to top