Senior Electrical Engineer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your role as a project manager/senior engineer is to the manage the work of, and relationships with a few of our larger clients. You are responsible for technical and supervisory capabilities of the production teams and operating procedures to successfully and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction and on-time delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for large projects of high complexity
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings, value analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Evaluates, selects, and specifies, all engineered systems or products for a project.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications and design standards with construction documents.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned staff; develop staff skills and abilities by providing guidance and mentoring to strengthen technical abilities
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Develops project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects.
- Assistance with Basis of Designs, project assessment reports and Concept Studies for major projects.
- Assists with the development of proposal for smaller, less complex projects.
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of the mechanical and/or electrical codes, energy codes, ASHRAE standards, and other building codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, SKM or ETAP; Prefer experience with Revit
- 15 minimum years' experience in Electrical engineering, and experience providing clear direction and assistance to entry and mid-level engineering staff.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 15 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001GY
Back to top