Senior Electrical Engineer
The Bellevue office of Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. (Stantec) is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Electrical Engineer position supporting our Waterpower & Dams Engineering group.
At Stantec we believe growing a great engineering consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are motivated to use every talent they possess, plus apply imagination, determination, and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
Stantec is a global leader in the provision of strategic planning, design, construction and engineering program management services for projects around the world. We focus on water and natural resources - providing services to a full range of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage, dams, water management for the natural resources industry and coastal restoration to renewable power and environmental services.
If working on the most challenging water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through knowledge-sharing with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
- Participate in technical and/or managerial roles on multi-disciplinary teams on projects involving planning, feasibility, preliminary design, final design, construction, and commissioning.
- Technical work on planning, retrofit, rehabilitation, integration and design of hydropower facilities, SCADA systems, and switchyards.
- Technical coordination with project managers, multi-discipline teams, project engineers, plant staff, contractors, subcontractors and clients.
- Design and preparation of technical specifications and drawings in CADD (AutoCAD).
- Perform project technical and administration activities including but not limited to writing reports, gathering information and drafting correspondence.
- Perform online and face-to-face collaboration with project team members
- Interface with clients on a technical and managerial level
- Support proposal development and other business development activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all company, Federal, and project site policies and procedures.
- Follow Stantec and client safe work practices and adhere to all company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, with a preference for a minimum of at least 1 years of undergraduate coursework in college related to power systems, or electrical power generation/distribution.
- 15 or more years total relevant Experience
- E. License preferred; ability to obtain P.E. license required.
- 10 years' experience in hydropower power generation
- At least 3 years' experience with the design of controls and protective relay systems in a hydro facility (preferably large facilities).
- Familiarity with standards and codes involved in design and installation of electrical equipment, including US based standards and IEC equivalents. In depth knowledge of US National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) is required, plus familiarity with National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI C2) and arc flash standards.
- Commissioning experience for hydro units (large units preferred)
- Experience with controls and protective relay systems in generating equipment, medium voltage switchgear, and high voltage switchyards
- Experience designing SCADA systems
- Experience with Schematic and Wiring diagram design and drafting
- Ability to manage technical teams
- Experience with AutoCAD required
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with Microsoft Project and Access is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
# of Openings Remaining 0
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Power Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top