Senior Electrical Contract Administrator - Buildings
Your Opportunity Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec's Buildings team provides a full range of innovative services in buildings engineering, architecture, interior design, and facilities planning and operations, helping our clients to create high performance and cost-effective buildings and interiors.
Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide structural, mechanical, & electrical engineering services, as well as many unique and specialty services such as lighting and daylighting, security & life safety systems designs, commissioning & retro-commissioning, plan checking, and energy engineering services. Focused on providing the most cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
We have an opportunity in our Toronto, ON office for a Senior Electrical Contract Administrator. In this role you will review and monitor electrical work during a projects construction phase. Liaise with the owners, the contractors and the project design team to ensure conformance of the electrical installation with the intent of the contract documents. Projects assigned may range from a construction value of $10,000.00 to $800,000,000.00 depending on the technical complexity.
- Attend Construction meetings
- Review the Contractor's progress claims.
- Carry out site visits and field reviews to confirm compliance with Contract Documents.
- Document progress of the electrical work on site.
- Document and respond to RFI'S with assistance from the design team
- Advise owner of necessary changes in the contract work.
- Assist the design team with preparation of change notices.
- Assess contractor's pricing for changes to scope of work
- Preliminary Review of shop drawings.
- Review contractor's record drawings
- Prepare and issue Field Review Reports, change notices, site instructions and clarifications as needed.
- Witness testing of equipment such as generator, fire alarm system, nurse call system, as needed.
- At completion review the project for compliance with the OESC, OBC and other codes.
- Advise the Engineer of Record of the suitability of the project for occupancy as per the OBC. Conduct building evaluations and assessments.
- Assist the performance engineering team with commissioning activities from time to time, including but not limited to witnessing of Factory Acceptance Testing and Field Acceptance testing and verifying conformance of the installation with the intent of the owner and the Construction Documents.
- Attend in house and formal training sessions to ensure continuing professional development
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Graduate of a technical college in electrical technology or an electrical journeyman certificate.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in the electrical construction industry, with some experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience in the construction of Healthcare, Aviation, and Transit related facilities will be a definite asset.
- Willingness and aptitude to learning on the job and in formal settings.
- Should be familiar with basic construction techniques and project delivery methods.
- Must display a basic understanding of architectural, structural and mechanical systems and their function within a facility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Must be comfortable with making independent decisions.
- Sound knowledge of the OESC.
- Familiar with the ULC standards governing the installation of Fire Alarm Systems.
- A working knowledge of contract law and contract documentation.
- Sound working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of office products.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top