Senior Document Controller
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your Opportunity Stantec's Mining group is hiring a Senior Document Controller to join our team. This position will be based out of our Tempe, AZ office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborates with DMDC Manager, Project Managers, and Technical Leads to develop, implement, and enforce project-specific templates and procedures, as appropriate, while ensuring they conform to company standards.
- Ensures workload is evenly distributed / delegated to DMDC project team, and that tasks are suitable for each individual's unique skillsets.
- Provides training and guidance to team members.
- Completes quality assurance / quality control checks of DMDC project team members' work. Holds DMDC project team accountable for correcting their own mistakes in a timely manner and/or makes the DMDC Manager aware of consistent performance issues.
- Uses intermediate to advanced editing skills while assisting writers in the preparation of various smaller document types
- Formats, tracks / controls, and files various document types. Imports tables, figures, drawings, and photos from other software into Microsoft Word 2010.
- Ensures project deliverables conform to Stantec standards.
- Completes routine follow up and data entry.
- Issues, receives, records, and files project-related communications and records, including incoming data from vendors.
- Attends internal and external meetings. May be required to type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Follows Stantec electronic filing and naming structure process and procedures.
- Prepares hard copy deliverable packages for issuance to clients and potential clients.
- Provides other clerical / technical support to staff as needed.
- Experience with document controls software (such as ProjectWise, Aconex, etc.).
- Must be able to delegate tasks to balance workload of assigned DMDC team, with consideration given to each individual's unique skillsets.
- Must be able to quickly absorb, understand, and use terminology unique to the mining industry.
- Must have good communication skills & presentation skills with the ability to effectively present information to a large audience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have the ability to quickly learn new software applications to improve speed and efficiency.
- Must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in completion of tasks and cross-referencing of information in several documents and logs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and possess flexibility when juggling numerous projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be available to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines. May be requested to work weekends or come in early.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top