Senior Distribution Project Engineer
- Jacksonville, FL
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Distribution Project Engineer in our San Juan-PR office. Alternative sites could include Lake Mary-FL, Coral Gables-FL, Jacksonville-FL. This position is ideal for an excellent communicator and skilled problem solver, with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service and individual excellence are paramount. We offer you the opportunity to challenge your abilities in a dynamic and diversified team environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Solid understanding of distribution line project scope and deliverables
- Capable of preparing route alignments, preparing plan and profiles, performing structural analysis (in Pole Foreman, or equivalent), detailed knowledge of hardware assemblies, structure detail drawings and preparing BOMs.
- Can perform underground design inclusive of the design and placement of conduit, cable, transformer, switch cabinet, and other related components
- Can perform voltage drop, flicker, transformer sizing, and pole sizing calculations.
- Coordination with equipment vendors, clients and rest of the design disciplines
- Lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare Construction and Review packages
- Performing QA/QC and peer review on Construction and Review packages
- Plan, organize and manage the day to day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and hand over
- Report the progress of the project to the client or Stantec Project Manager
- Act as a liaison between Stantec engineering and construction teams
- Respond to RFIs
- Work closely with other disciplines to produce complete station drawings and package
- Preparation of project plans, management of work in progress (WIP), cost control, schedule, management of the coordination of the project engineering and technical support staff and management of project scope, including negotiation of scope changes with the client.
- Certify that Stantec's Project Management Framework is followed, including project reporting, management of project value versus project percent complete, and quality control/quality assurance procedures
- Ensure that Stantec Design Practices are followed as they relate to their Practice/Discipline deliverables and they act as a focal point for the Stantec Project Practice/Discipline Team Members.
- Schedule and coordinate peer reviews of said tasks including, third-party Practice/Discipline quality reviews of deliverables
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and develop strong relationships
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to manage and submit deliverables as per project schedule and within budget
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to meet with project timelines for engineering deliverables
- Ability to understand client specific requirements (standards & specifications) and applicable codes & regulations
- Capable of writing equipment specifications and review vendor drawings
Able to discern complicated facts and disseminate practices, policies, procedures and context on project/program development to internal and external clients
- Requires effective negotiation skills to define contract terms
- Must foster effective working relationships between colleagues, associates, clients and officials
- Provide expertise to internal and external clients to resolve complex problems and issues
Effective Industry Knowledge
Requires broad general knowledge of electrical industrial and utility power projects, including strong familiarity with other disciplines required for completion of such projects, including Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Services, Surveying, and permitting
Exhibit originality in providing innovative, practical and economical solutions
Demonstrate broad technical knowledge and experience in multiple areas of specialization and/or business operations management within the organization
Accountability & Complexity
- Plans, conducts and directs complex assignments with a high degree of independence
- Assignments/projects are complex in nature and require the application of broad engineering knowledge in multiple disciplines
- Reviews and evaluates technical work of other professionals
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provides advice, direction, coaching and mentoring to other professionals and technical staff.
- Contributes to annual employee performance review.
- Participates in decisions made concerning the selection, training, evaluation, discipline, and advancement of staff
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 8 years of distribution design experience
- Ability to obtain PE Licensure
- Must be willing and able to travel (20%) to industrial worksites to support project work
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Coral Gables
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Lake Mary, United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000018M
Back to top