The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Designer/ Architect to join the team in our Boulder, CO office.
- Experienced professional ready to take the lead role in project design with a command of complex technical issues, capable of directing project teams and leading communications with the client and the contractors at the most senior level.
- Directs project team, including consultants and leads communications with the client and contractor during all phases of multi-year mixed use project(s)
- Delivers projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership of the architectural team members
- Delivers projects on time, on budget, winning recognition for excellence
- Presents confident, precise and authoritative advice to the client
- Leads communications with and reports to Authorities having Jurisdiction, as required
- Directs and is accountable for the deployment of practice technologies to facilitate efficient and reliable management of all project documentation, project financial tracking and contract documentation
- Responsible for the overall performance of projects
- Responsible for the overall relationship with clients, and monitors client satisfaction
- Provides direct supervision of project team members, holds them accountable, and provides timely feedback
- Works collaboratively with office and operational leadership to achieve effective staffing which supports the needs of clients and projects as well as appropriately balances the firm's resources
- Responsible for financial performance of projects
- Responsible for supporting successful project delivery for all phases of Architectural Design including Concept, Design Development, Design Intent and Final Implementation
- Requires knowledge of architectural standards and practices, compatible software, and construction materials and methods
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently as well as within a team environment and demonstrates ability and desire to mentor
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a variety of retail, entertainment and commercial buildings.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a strong desire to attract top clients and the best projects
- Ability to resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Strong graphic and visualization skills with knowledge of typography and graphic arts
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven technical understanding of construction means and methods, materials and building codes
- Wide knowledge of current design software
- Ability to travel if required by project
- Intermediate level proficiency in Revit is strongly preferred
- State Licensure and LEED accreditation is a plus To be considered for this position, a portfolio or URL to your online portfolio must be provided with the submission of your resume.
T his description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Back to top