Senior Design Engineer - Roadway/Highway
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's is seeking a Senior Project Manager to help the growing Transportation practice in the following locations: Los Angeles, CA, Walnut Creek, CA and Irvine, CA.
- The person in this position will need a strong emphasis in transportation engineering in the areas of highways and roadways/freeways.
- Will manage the design of streets, roadways, highways, and interchanges to meet local, state and federal requirements.
- Desirable for this candidate to have experience in construction management of highway/freeway and arterial roadway projects. Should be familiar with alternate forms of project delivery such as design build and CMGC.
- Successful applicant will be involved in the planning, analysis and design of projects, scheduling of staff, review of work product and training staff, proposal preparation, project presentation, project management, fiscal management, and contract negotiations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 12-15 years of combined experience in design, project management, and construction management of highways, freeways, major arterial roadways, and light and commuter rail; familiarity with local, state and federal and regulatory requirements;
- California PE Required and knowledge of local conditions and environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage transportation department/staff in successful delivery of projects
- Ability to help develop and implement transportation growth strategy for Northern California
- proposal preparation experience; project management; project design experience; construction management experience; contract negotiation experience;
- experience with California state DOT's methods, and a working knowledge of Caltrans Green Book, AASHTO, MUTCD and other transportation design standards.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top