Senior Design Architect
Your Opportunity We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec's Houston office is looking for a Senior Design Architect, a registered professional with a minimum of 15 years of experience as an Architect.
Your Duties A Senior Design Architect is a licensed professional with responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of the public. An individual at this level in their career is expected to perform their role within the standard of care acceptable to their peers in the industry. A Senior Design Architect is responsible for conceptualizing, developing and documenting the design of a project. Additional responsibilities include:
- Advocate for learning, stewardship, and craft
- Collaborate with other firm-wide leaders to ensure the outcomes of the R&B program are leveraged in the areas of: Education, Application, Visibility/Recognition and Recruiting
- Supporting Business Development activities, including marketing proposals, interviews, conference attendance, etc.
- Assist in identification, recruiting and interviewing of design staff at all levels
- Inspire creativity, critical thought and design excellence both internally and externally
- Foster collaboration between offices while promoting and providing design vision
- Act as a mentor, teacher and coach to design staff with goal of growing and guiding them through their careers
- Evaluate the quality of design and design activities, and assure a high level of design quality throughout the firm.
- Assist in development and implementation of the firm's brand, image, marketing collateral and business collateral
- Participate in performance reviews including setting of job goals
- Oversight and participation in production of design award submissions
- Engage staff in dialog on design, ensure design process is followed and influence usage of technological tools
- Act as a vehicle for the delivery of firm's message on design
- Express philosophy of the work with appropriate vocabulary
- Identify and direct project photography, written descriptions, and other media in support of building the firm's portfolio
- Ambassador and steward of the firm's portfolio of work with ability to guide and educate others
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license is required
- Architectural license is required
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
- Architectural experience in educational facilities is strongly preferred
- Ability to produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent
- Ability to lead multiple project teams through the development of the design concept
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought
- Ability to receive criticism and respond appropriately and professionally
- Ability to inspire confidence and garner trust and respect with the project team and with clients
- Ability to provide a balanced approach and good judgement
- Ability to scale process, design and effort to various roles on the project, the needs of the project, and other conditions
- Ability to present abstract ideas to the client and client representatives
- Ability to exhibit maturity and cultural awareness internally and externally
- Strong presentation and interview skills
- Strong understanding and awareness of historical values and context
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top