Senior Cost Estimator
- Manchester, NH
Stantec, a global leader in design and construction of waterfront infrastructure and other large-scale civil works facilities, is currently seeking a Senior Cost Estimator with construction cost estimating and scheduling experience on large-scale marine and waterfront infrastructure projects. The position is aligned with our multidisciplinary team specializing in the design, construction and rehabilitation of waterfront projects, including: navigation locks; dry docks; seawalls; piers; and wharves.
Stantec is seeking highly qualified Senior Cost Estimators to deliver timely, quality opinions of probable cost and schedule to our private and public sector clients in the Northeastern US. The successful candidate will bring significant qualifications and experience in the construction of large-scale waterfront infrastructure to develop appropriate project cost estimates and schedules, leading to successful project outcomes and superior client satisfaction.
Experience in developing construction cost estimates and schedules at various stages of design, in accordance with AACEI guidelines, is essential. The successful candidate will assist management in the development of a coherent estimating and scheduling team and will participate in the staffing and technical development of Northeastern US resources.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supervises, facilitates and coordinates the development of accurate, timely and detailed cost estimates in the execution of major capital and construction projects.
- Prepares cost estimates for projects and products by analyzing costs, materials, labor, bid documentation, and specifications associated with each project.
- Designs, implements, and maintains cost estimating database(s) using various software applications.
- Reviews drawings and specifications to determine costs and assists in value management on projects.
- Evaluates third-party estimates and tracks market conditions and costs to validate estimates.
- Provides estimating guidance to medium and large projects of moderate to extreme complexity.
- Performs quantity take offs for large marine concrete structures, including formwork, reinforcement and embedded metals.
- Performs project sequencing and scheduling of complex waterfront projects, building the project master construction schedule.
- Participates in client cost estimate and schedule reviews.
- Establishes site-specific estimating criteria, including labor, equipment, and material supply.
- Directs the preparation of cost and schedule risk analyses, including development and analysis of a comprehensive risk register, and assessment of likelihood and consequences of key project cost and schedule risks.
- Analyzes critical path activities and works through issues with the project design team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Establishing work breakdown structure and activities to capture key project interfaces.
- Analyzing cost and resource data to verify schedule progress and/or identify issues.
- Balancing cost-loaded schedules.
- Developing and managing cash flow projections and forecasts.
- Challenging the information originating from the engineering disciplines to ensure no scope is missed in the estimate.
- Coordinating input from procurement and project management to ensure commercial and project execution strategy are properly considered in the cost estimate.
- Reviewing estimates provided by internal and external sources.
- Developing estimating plans and project execution plans.
- Establishing control estimates for efficient cost control during project execution.
- Leading the identification and implementation of appropriate estimating software and becoming proficient in use.
- Writing concise Basis of Estimate and Basis of Schedule reports.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in the use of estimating software, such as MCACES, MII, @risk, and Autodesk and Microsoft products.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in marine construction.
- Performance of other key responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 15 to 20 years of related work experience.
- Registered professional engineer or ability to obtain registration in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts within six months
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Maine-Scarborough, United States-New Hampshire-Auburn
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000009K
Back to top