Senior Contract Administrator
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and
infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Opportunity You will play an integral part in ensuring efficient and effective contract administration and completion of projects as per contract documents. Your Key Responsibilities
- Participates in proposal cost/price preparation.
- Assists in negotiations with sub-consultants - contract costs, terms and conditions.
- Prepares award recommendations for management.
- Track and report on cost progress for the Stantec team for various projects.
- Prepares month end cost reports for management and clients.
- Attends various meetings, including client project meetings.
- Monitors contract compliance and negotiates amendments or change orders.
- Monitor insurance compliance for Stantec and its sub-consultants.
- Reviews and approves sub-consultant invoices.
- Prepares work authorizations, amendments and/or close out documentation for sub-consultants.
- Conducts closeout action upon contract completion such as final audit, payment, etc.
- maintain, supports, and promotes a safe work environment while traveling to project job-sites.
- The potential candidate would ideally have experience in public works construction (design-build and or design-big-build), reviewing solicitation documents, preparing and evaluating (sub-consultant) bids/proposals, cost analysis and other analytical skills, some knowledge of public law and post award administration.
- Maintains, supports, and promotes a safe work environment while complying with all of Metro's safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in public works construction (design-build and/or design-bid build), professional service contracts and environmental contracts.
- Theories, principles, and practices of contract administration for public agencies.
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations governing public procurement and contract administration processes.
- Cost/Price analysis.
- Perform contract administration work.
- Prepare contract proposal responses.
- Mediate and negotiate.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Analyze situations, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Compile and analyze complex data.
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts and budgets.
- Interact professionally with various levels of Stantec employees and client staff.
- Travel to off-site locations within a reasonable time-frame.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel , PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Valid California Class C driver license and good driving record required.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top