Senior Consultant, Water - Shanghai
- Shanghai, China
Primary Purpose of Position :
To work as a senior member of a team of Water, Energy and Chemicals experts providing Sustainable Supply Chain expertise to our multinational clients on various issues relating to Water and Wastewater, Energy, Chemicals, Soil and Groundwater, Environmental, Health and Safety, Social, and Supply Chain management.
This role will report to Water Service Line Manager, and will have the opportunity to support marketing, proposal and business development professionals. To be successful the incumbent must possess:
- Good process and technical knowledge of water and wastewater (industrial experience preferred)
- Design experience in water and wastewater (industrial experience preferred)
- Sound understanding of wastewater reuse
- Practical experience in assessments of a Facility's water and wastewater infrastructure
- Ability to lead small teams onsite
- Excellent communications skills with clients, stakeholders and team members
- Must have a curiosity about the integrated impacts of Water, Wastewater, Chemicals and Energy on Sustainability
- Demonstrated ability to do both detailed engineering tasks as well client facing consulting
- Must have excellent spoken and written skills in both English and Chinese
• Support the Program Manager on two existing key Sustainability Programs as the functional domain expert for Water
• Provide leadership, quality control and management of junior engineers and consultants
• Characterization/Treatability Studies on wastewaters
• Develop concept designs, feasibility and economic evaluations
• Consulting for Water Supply & Wastewater Treatment Plants, including
o Process & Technology Selection
o Design & Construction Management
o Start-up & Training/O&M Support
• Lead facility assessments, including:
o Water Balance
o Wastewater Treatment and Reuse
o Water Conservation
o Regulatory Compliance
o Pollution Prevention
o Sampling and Analysis
• Maintain good relationship with Client representatives and Facility staff
• Act as a Professional Consultant in Water and Wastewater consulting projects
• The supporting work includes, but is not limited to:
o Assist in developing proposals and coordinating input from other Stantec offices to ensure that they are submitted on a timely basis at a competitive price.
o Assist the Business Service leaders in identifying and developing market opportunities in China, primarily focusing on multinational companies in the middle portion of China.
o Assist project managers on successful project delivery and support on technical matters and client management, etc.
• The role is not responsible for revenue or Sales, Marketing and Business Development, however all Stantec Consultants that are client facing are expected to contribute to business growth by growing their account via good client management and good project delivery.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Senior Consultant, Water - Shanghai
Qualifications & Experience
• BA/BS degree, with understanding and/or educational background in environmental engineering/sciences;
• Minimum 5-8 years working experience in relevant area;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Keen to continually learn;
• Strong team spirit;
• Passion on working in the Environmental Services industry;
• Able to travel (no more than 50% of time per month);
• Fluent in English and Mandarin;
• Relevant project experience preferred;
• Overseas study/residential experience preferred;
• Environmental engineering/science academic background;
• Water and Wastewater consulting and designs with facility assessment experience preferred;
• Ability to develop trusted client relationships and to grow a client's account;
• Ability to work autonomously.
Consulting, Environmental Engineer
How to apply
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Wendy Cheng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across seven continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. . Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Back to top