Senior Consultant, Compensation Systems (COE)
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
The Senior Consultant, Compensation Systems, in the HR Centers of Expertise (COE), is responsible for the global design, maintenance, administration, and implementation of compensation systems and tools to support the management of corporate pay programs and salary administration in alignment with organizational objectives. This position manages vendor relationships for Compensation. The Analyst interfaces with Compensation Consultants, other HR COE colleagues, IT, and senior leaders in the operations on the design/configuration to deliver on established program deadlines and provide project support to other compensation programs as assigned, in the Design function (e.g., bonus, executive comp, pay equity). The Sr. Consultant must be flexible to manage competing and shifting priorities.
- Ensures Comp ToolKit and other proprietary systems used by the HR Compensation COE functionality support design requirements. This will include working with other support functions, e.g. Payroll, Audit to ensure system integration and approvals are in place;
- Captures, vets, and implements system improvements in alignment with pay program, organizational objectives, and deadlines;
- Provides guidance to junior analysts in executing work performed within tools;
- Develops custom reports and training material within Tools to meet business needs;
- Builds complex compensation data models and automated tools in support of organizational objectives;
- Analyzes impact of proposed design changes to pay programs (e.g., bonus, executive compensation, and incentives);
- Applies judgment and sound analytics to communicate impact of proposed changes, draw conclusions, provide insight, and make recommendations;
- Evaluates opportunities to mitigate risk and build systems controls to ensure compliance and improve processes;
- Measures vendor performance and reports on metrics to leadership;
- Manages vendor RFPs for Design organization as needed; and
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Art, or a related field;
- 7+ years of experience in compensation including experience designing compensation programs, systems, and tools in support of organization objectives; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- CCP, GRP, CHRP, PHR desirable;
- Strong MS Office Suite skills required;
- Knowledge of compensation theory, planning, design, audit, and controls with emphasis on data modeling and analysis experience; what if scenarios, interpretation of compensation plans;
- Compensation related Jurisdictional laws, legislation, rules, and regulations for North America required; multi-national knowledge preferred; FLSA, EEO, ADA, Sherman Anti-Trust Act, applicable provincial employment, and other legislation;
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, sound judgment as well as possess critical thinking in ambiguous and complex situations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Bilingual in French is an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top