Senior Construction Manager
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
We are in immediate need of a Senior Construction (Project) Manager in our Scarborough, Maine office. This role will immediately support the large capital plan for varying clients, and oversight of future EPC lead power projects.
Our EPC and HIP efforts are in a growth pattern.
Your Key Responsibilities
Review the progress schedule, schedule of Shop Drawing and Sample submittals, and schedule of values prepared by Contractor and consult with Engineer concerning acceptability.
- Conferencesand Meetings: Attend meetings with Contractor, such as preconstruction conferences, progress meetings, job conferences and other project-related meetings, and prepare and circulate copies of minutes.
- Serveas Engineer's liaison with Contractor, working principally through Contractor's authorized representative, assist in providing information regarding the intent of the Contract Documents.
- Recorddate of receipt of Samples and approved Shop Drawings.
- ReceiveSamples which are furnished at the Site by Contractor and notify
- Consider and evaluate Contractor's suggestions for modifications in Drawings or Specifications and report such suggestions, together with RPR's recommendations, to Engineer.
- Reviewof Work and Rejection of Defective Work
- Verifythat tests, equipment, and system start-ups and operating and maintenance training are conducted in the presence of appropriate Owner's personnel, and that Contractor maintains adequate records thereof.
- Observe,record,and report to Engineer appropriate details relative to the test procedures and systems start-ups.
- Recordnames,addresses,fax numbers, e-mail addresses, web site locations, and telephone numbers of all Contractors, Subcontractors, and major Suppliers of materials and equipment.
- Maintainrecordsfor use in preparing Project documentation.
- Furnishto Engineer periodic reports as required of progress of the Work and of Contractor's compliance with the progress schedule and schedule of Shop Drawing and Sample submittals.
- Certificates,Operationand Maintenance Manuals: During the course of the Work, verify that materials and equipment certificates, operation and maintenance manuals and other data required by the Specifications to be assembled and furnished by Contractor, are applicable to the items actually installed and in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Participateina Substantial Completion inspection, assist in the determination of Substantial Completion and the preparation of lists of items to be completed or corrected.
- Observewhetherallitemson the final list have been completed or corrected and make recommendations to Engineer concerning acceptance and issuance of the Notice of Acceptability of the Work.
- Travel will be 80% with limited time in Scarborough for coordination
- Business development for HIP and Power work
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Highly skilled technical expert in all relevant areas of construction and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Requires comprehensive and broad knowledge of local, state and federal building codes, construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
Education and Experience
Bachelors or Masters' degree in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Scarborough
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002OU
Back to top