Senior Construction Inspector
- Clarksburg, WV
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your role is to work with general supervision and direction on average sized projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Project Manager.
You will be responsible for daily inspection efforts on multiple complex, large, and/or diverse projects in order to ensure contractor's operations comply with project plans, specifications, and contract documents. You will prepare sketches and assemble data for Field Engineer to utilize when making changes to the project.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sr. Construction Manager as a representative of the WVDOH to ensure quality control and contractor compliance for roadway, structure and bridge construction projects of varying complexity.
- Coordinate work and inspections with contractor's representative, client personnel and other stakeholders
- Generate reports of conditions found during inspection activities, notifies Construction Management of significant problems and completes documentation necessary to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities.
- Prepares and reviews reports for preparation of entries into Site Manager / Project Wise and is able to properly document materials as well as other test reports for materials
- Manages deadlines, prioritizes assignments, and prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Inspects installation of construction feature, measures dimensions, and calculates quantities.
- Examines construction materials, checking to see if they meet specifications.
- Review plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Tabulates monthly quantities for use in determining contractors' monthly payment estimates.
- Prepare documents and maintains file management of project-related information including correspondence, reports, and pictures.
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff in company procedures, standards and software.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic skills in math, drafting, and science.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Proficient in Site Manager, Project Wise and project material certifications.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Effectively communicates project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- WVTRET Accreditation Leve IV or V.
- Demonstrated experience in WVDOT procedures and policies.
Position will primarily require field work which may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: United States-West Virginia-Fairmont
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000JB
Back to top