Senior Construction Inspector
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a Senior Construction Inspector, with 15+ years of experience, to join our construction management team for NYC DDC projects with the NYC Metropolitan Area. As a Senior Construction Inspector, you will utilize your construction experience and technical knowledge of municipal infrastructure, water and wastewater facilities, and general building projects to successfully execute and manage projects, under the supervision of the Construction Manager or Project Manager or Resident Engineer, and help us build and grow our practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring daily contract compliance to project plans and specifications on construction projects and for documentation to support payment and project acceptance. Enforces contractor compliance to plans and specifications; Reviews contract change order costs
- Checks final contract estimates for completeness; Determination of final contract cost
- Serves as project inspector responsible for coordinating all assigned phases of work between project manager's office and the contractor on major roadway projects
- Refers construction not in compliance with plans and specifications to project manager
- Recommends acceptance or rejection of construction materials for quantity, quality, and conformance to applicable specifications; records characteristics of materials incorporated into the project by the contractor
- Inspects contractors' work on one or more construction projects; reviews, collates, and records data received from other inspectors
- Read, understand, and interpret project plans and contract documents. Identify possible problems in contract documents and propose solutions or refer them to the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Project Coordinator as appropriate
- Ensure construction work is performed in accordance with the contract documents through inspection and monitoring
- Prepare required documentation for the assigned project
- Assist in operation of the Quality Control/Quality Compliance program for projects
- Ensure elements of QA/QC program are complied with
- Enter or transfer information to computers
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe and healthful workplace
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years' experience, preferably for NYC Agencies such as: NYCDDC, NYCEDC, NYCDEP, MTA and/or PANYNJ
- BS in Engineering or related field
- Prior experience as a Construction Inspector in NYC
- NICET II or Higher Certification
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top