Senior Construction Inspector
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Your Duties: Stantec is seeking a Senior Construction Inspector, with 15+ years of experience, to join our Water Sector as part of our construction management team. As a Senior Construction Inspector, you will utilize your construction experience and technical knowledge of municipal infrastructure, water and wastewater facilities, and general building projects to successfully execute and manage projects, under the supervision of the Construction Manager or Project Manager, and help us build and grow our practice.
- Responsible for ensuring daily contract compliance to project plans and specifications on construction projects and for documentation to support payment and project acceptance. Enforces contractor compliance to plans and specifications; Reviews contract change order costs
- Checks final contract estimates for completeness; Determination of final contract cost
- Serves as project inspector responsible for coordinating all assigned phases of work between project manager's office and the contractor on major roadway projects
- Refers construction not in compliance with plans and specifications to project manager
- Recommends acceptance or rejection of construction materials for quantity, quality, and conformance to applicable specifications; records characteristics of materials incorporated into the project by the contractor
- Inspects contractors' work on one or more construction projects; reviews, collates, and records data received from other inspectors
- Read, understand, and interpret project plans and contract documents. Identify possible problems in contract documents and propose solutions or refer them to the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Project Coordinator as appropriate
- Ensure construction work is performed in accordance with the contract documents through inspection and monitoring
- Prepare required documentation for the assigned project
- Assist in operation of the Quality Control/Quality Compliance program for projects
- Ensure elements of QA/QC program are complied with
- Enter or transfer information to computers
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years' experience, preferably for NYC Agencies such as: NYCDDC, NYCDEP, MTA and/or PANYNJ
- BS in Engineering or realted field
- Prior experience as a Construction Inspector in NYC
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe and healthful workplace
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- NICET II or Higher Certification
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top