Senior Construction Inspector
Your Opportunity Stantec is inviting conversations with Senior Construction Inspectors in the Reno/Sparks/Carson City area. Our goal is to gradually strengthen our connection with the communities in the region, and that means having a personal connection with you. Whether we work together at Stantec or not, we may very well work together as a team, and we're more apt to recognize those opportunities having had a conversation than not. So let's talk.
Stantec and MWH joined forces last year, creating a company of consultants that can take on the world's most challenging projects (i.e. widening of the Panama Canal) but also remains deeply rooted in our local communities. Our stated purpose: "To make a difference in the world by creating communities."
Stantec is now a collaboration of 22,000 consultants in 400 community offices in 80+ countries on six continents worldwide. We share our ideas and experience seamlessly so each community we serve can benefit from the industry's top thinkers and best ideas. We also share ideas and experience so every Stantec consultant can become as knowledgeable as they wish, as quickly as they choose. Connect with Stantec and you can learn more, learn faster, and have a tangible impact both in your own community and on major projects around the world. Your career accelerates. Your perspective broadens. It's forward motion that's stimulating and rewarding.
You want to make a difference. So do we. If you live and work in the Reno/Sparks/Carson City area, this is an invitation to explore how we can collaborate to make 1+1=3. Let's chat.
Your Duties As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Inspection and documentation of contractor's work for conformance with the approved construction documents.
- Being a member of Stantec's staff in the field and will be responsible for following established office procedures as they relate to the administration of construction contract. Duties will include knowledge of project controls for distribution and record keeping of construction drawings, construction contract correspondence, technical records, inspection reports, contract pay documentation, and other project documents.
- Responsible for review of applicable correspondence and initiating action when required, recording relevant discussions and project site meetings, review and understanding of the project schedule, RFI's, reinforcement and concrete lift drawings, and producing weekly and monthly construction progress reports. Duties will also include the assistance in the management of claims and change orders, specifically for: review and analysis of Contractor claims, preparation of change orders, and management and of claims and change order records.
- Monitor and document contractor's work for compliance with project safety standards.
- Assist Stantec Construction Manager/Resident Engineer in the supervision, oversight, and direction of Stantec Construction Management staff as required.
- Provide input and assist in conducting regular (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.) construction meetings with contractor and owner
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of semi-monthly contractor progress payments.
- Conduct and document field evaluations and assessments as required.
- Coordinate with the owner, Stantec Construction Manager/Resident Engineer, the contractor and the design team to facilitate construction of the project.
- Perform and document final inspections.
- Prepare record drawings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A minimum of 8 years of construction inspection experience
- Experience providing construction inspection of heavy civil construction projects.
- Experience communicating with the public, enforcing environmental permit requirements and set up of Work Zone Traffic Control measures.
- Solid communication skills and work ethic.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills. The ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Valid Nevada Class C driver's license.
- Preference will be given to applicants that have, or can obtain, the following:
- OSHA 30 training
- MSHA Training
- Certification as a Water Pollution Control Manager
- ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor Certification
- WAQTC or NAQTC certification
- ACI certified
The key to our success is our people- we put people first . When you work hard, we notice. We offer competitive compensation and benefits to assist employees and their families with medical and dental coverage, long-term disability income replacement, and retirement savings.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top